2014 Rock Screen Paper Prize
Terms and Conditions
By entering Rock Screen Paper 2 you agree to, and are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The creator of the screen print work will be known as the Entrant for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions. The Entrant (or collab team) must be the creator/s and owner of the work submitted.
- Our definition of a screen print is a screen / image or set of screens / images used to draw or paint identical letters, symbols, shapes, or patterns every time it is used.
- You must use a silk screen to create the majority of your screen print work.
- Work refers to the screen print art work that the Entrant is entering into the Rock Screen Paper Prize.
- The Rock Screen Paper Prize is run by Print Edition
- Exhibiting Venue refers to the nominated Venue or Gallery that is hosting the 2014 Rock Screen Paper 2. Dates and location of the Exhibiting Venue may change without notice, but all finalists will be given reasonable notice.
- The Entry Form refers to the online Entry Questions and associated instructions which are located at : https://printedition.com.au/rock-screen-paper-2-print-prize-competition/
- Works entered into Rock Screen Paper 2 must not have been previously displayed at an Exhibition, Museum, Gallery, Venue, Competition, Festival or Event.
- The Rock Screen Paper 2 Prize is an acquisitive art prize.
- Entrants are required to use their full legal name on the Entry Form, however where a pseudonym is also supplied, only the pseudonym will be publicly released. We respect that some artists may wish to remain completely anonymous, and if this is the case, we suggest finding an alternative art prize to enter.
- Entrant’s personal information will remain confidential to the Rock Screen Paper 2 Prize and will not be shared with third parties unless permission is specifically stated.
- Finalists under the age of 18 will be required to have their parent or legal guardian co-sign an Exhibition Artist Agreement if they are selected as a Finalist.
- The Entry Fee is $25 Australian Dollars and must be paid for each Work entered into the Rock Screen Paper 2 Print Prize.
- You may enter as many times as you like, and each entry must be entered separately on individual Entry Forms.
- The Entry Fee is non-refundable.
- The Entry Fee can be paid via Pay Pal or Credit Card or Eftpos via our online payment gateway.
- Deadline for entries is 12 May 2014.
- Each Entry must address each item in the Entry Form which can be found at www.stencilartprize.com. Incomplete entries may not be processed. The Entry Form, forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- You must enter a photograph of the actual completed Work that you wish to exhibit in the Rock Screen Paper 2 Print Prize. This means that you must complete the print in its final format before photographing it.
- Work should be part of an edition of atleast 5
- Images must be clear and cropped and supplied as high res JPEG or TIFF files, minimum resolution is 1MB. Maximum is 3MB.
- Finalists will be notified by May 15 and must supply a hard copy of the piece for the main exhibition and copies of up to ten pieces if they wish to sell copies on the night and after through the Print Edition website.
- Upon sending in your Entry and payment you are agreeing to the Rock Screen Paper Terms and Conditions.
- All Works entered into the Rock Screen Paper must have been produced in the last 12 months.
- Rock Screen Paper Art Prize reserves the right to refuse an Entry or Entrant at Rock Screen Paper Print Prize’s discretion.
- Works must be available for exhibition on good quality paper or cardboard.
- Staff, sponsors, partners and associates of Rock Screen Paper Print Prize cannot enter the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize.
- The Entrant must own copyright for their work.
- Copyright of Finalist and Winning Works will remain with the Entrant. Rock Screen Paper Print Prize, and any sponsors or partners of the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize reserve the right to reproduce Finalists or Winning Works for promotional purposes related to the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize, within reason.
- Finalist Work may be used on Rock Screen Paper Print Prize merchandise when the Finalist signs a merchandise agreement.
- All entries will be judged on merit and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judge’s final decision.
- The theme is Rock N’ Roll – and is whatever Rock N’ Roll is to you.
- Prizes will be announced as they are made available.
- 2014 Judges cannot enter the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize during the year that they are judging.
- If selected as a Finalist, the Entrant agrees to supply their Work on good quality paper or cardboard. All Work must be supplied ready to hang in the Exhibition.
- Due to space constraints, a selection of finalists only may be exhibited.
- Finalists will be announced on the website www.printedition.com.au in May 2014.
- Finalists may be required to produce proof of identity by way of a current drivers license, passport or other means.
- Finalists will receive written confirmation from the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize confirming their Finalist status for a selected Work. If delivered Work is substantially different from the image of the Work entered into the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize, a Finalist’s status may be revoked and Work removed from the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize.
- Aside from one copy the finalists Works which will be acquired by Print Edition for further exhibition, all Works submitted (and preferably a numbered edition of atleast 5) to Rock Screen Paper Print Prize must be available for sale under the Exhibiting Venue’s standard terms and conditions. A sales commission will apply.
- Finalists are responsible for all costs associated with preparing their Work on good quality paper or cardboard for the purpose of exhibiting, and all shipping costs to and from the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize exhibition in Sydney.
- The Rock Screen Paper Print Prize and the Exhibiting Venue will exercise all due care with the finalists Works that are Exhibited but will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered whatsoever to any Works while in transit or under its control. Entrants are responsible for the insurance of their Work.
- The winner will be announced at the opening of the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize at the Exhibiting Venue. Dates and details of the Exhibition and Exhibiting Venue will be published at www.printedition.com.au
- Details of the Rock Screen Paper Print Prize will be announced online at www.printedition.com.au as they are made available.